7 ways to get YouTube viewers and subscribers
I wrote this list as an answer to a question on Reddit, but maybe it’ll be of use to you too! Here are some top tips I’ve learned on how to improve your metrics as a YouTube content creator.
- Tag subject matter in your videos. Use some similar tags in all videos as well as specific tags for each video.
- Add long, accurate descriptions to the videos, including links to your other videos especially if they’re part of a series. Also include a description of the channel for the benefit of new viewers.
- Create tidy, eye catching thumbnails with a consistent style throughout. Same for your channel banner.
- Have a regular upload schedule. Let people know (eg “subscribe for a new episode every Friday”)
- Find ways to collaborate and cross promote with other creators if possible.
- Try contacting your local news media or magazines. If you’re doing something interesting – especially if it’s for children – they might write something up about it. Local media are always short on interesting stories.
- Depending on your budget you could try paid advertising but I believe you have to sink a lot in to make it worth it, with no risk of it actually leading to success.
Hope that helps, these are all things which either I do myself already, or have been told by others in the business will improve viewership.